Supes elect board officers
The Kemper County board of supervisors elected its officers for the 2021.
Pat Granger was re• elected board president and Scott Johnson is the new vice president of the board.
In other matters, supervisors voted to:
• Approve the minutes of the December meetings, the claims docket and the county payroll;
• Approve an order approving a contract with the Barry, Thaggard and May, LLP law firm to act as board attorney;
• Approve an order to appoint Scott Johnson to the County Committee for Kemper County for East Central Planning and Development District;
• Approve an order maintaining the schedule of the board meetings for the first and third Mondays of the month (except on holidays), starting at 10 a.m.;
• Approve an order to declare January 18 as the Martin Luther King state holiday;
• Approve an order extending the mask ordinance because of the COVID• 19 pandemic through February 1;
• Approve the quarterly budget allocations for the tax assessor/tax collector’s office and the sheriff’s department;
• Accept the December 2020 meal log from the Kemper/Neshoba regional jail, and approve all expenses from the sheriff’s department;
• Approve the employment of county personnel for 2021. Supervisors also approved the list of employees and officials who were authorized to issue requisitions.