Supes designate public vaccination facilities
By Steve Swogetinsky
The Kemper Messenger
The Kemper County board of supervisors approved two public vaccination facilities during their meeting last Tuesday.
The Kemper County Maintenance Shop and the Farmer’s Market building were so designated. If they are used, tines will be announced,
In other matters, supervisors voted to:
•Approve the agenda, the claims docket and the payroll;
• Approve the purchase of a tag and title for a 2021 Silverado;
• Approve an order to take bids for the repair of the roof at Kemper Springs Commnity Center;
• Approve an order to pay the Mississippi Justice Court Association dues for judeges Mary Gully and Linda Wright as a cost of $250 each;
• Approve an order to pay membership dues to the Mississippi Coroner-Medical Examiners Association for coroner Terry Bostick and assistant coroner Ben Dudley for $200 each;
• Approve a travel authorization for county officials to legislative and education meeting in Jackson on March 17;
• Approve a travel authorization for the circuit clerk and election commissioners to attend the annual Election Comissioners Association seminar and certification on the Coast March 30-April 2;
• Approve an order approving the NAFECO contract for the Preston Volunteer Fire Department; and,
• Approve an order approving NACO membership dues for $450.