Supes authorize purchase of old Super Dollar
The Kemper County Board of Supervisors approved the purchase of the old Super Dollar building located across the street from the Courthouse during Monday’s meeting.
Supervisors approved the minutes of the previous meeting, the claims docket and the county payroll. In other matters, supervisors voted to:
• Authorize the execution of a perpetual right-of-way easement for a public road with Mississippi Power for Bethel Church Road;
• Approve the meal log for the Kemper-Neshoba Regional Correctional Facility for the month of February;
• Approve to move $42,000 from the circuit clerk’s COVID Relief Fund to be used toward the purchase of the old Super Dollar building;
• Approve an invoice totaling $325 to Locksmith, Inc., to replace locks in the circuit clerk’s office;
• Approve an order allowing Circuit Clerk Shirley Jackson to collect $53.23 as a commission on half of 1 percent on all money coming into the hands of the clerk as fines in 2020 by order of the circuit judges;
• Approve paying Coroner Medical Examiner Association dues for Terry Bostick and Ben Dudley;
• Approve an order approving for Bostick and Dudley to attend the 2021 Spring Coroners Conference in Flowood on April 14-16;
Supervisors met with representatives from Waggoner Engineering to discuss an ongoing project to get water and sewer services at the new Kemper Crossings Industrial Park.