Principals present data updates to trustees
At the regular monthly meeting of the Kemper County School Board, held this past Thursday evening, principals of the various schools within the district, reported the latest benchmark data. Superintendent, Hilute Hudson, reported to the Board, that the lack of in-person instruction during the COVID pandemic had shown a serious impact on the data trends throughout the entire country. He added that the faculty and staff in all of the schools are working diligently to bring their students up to the level they need to be, and although the district as a whole is not where they want to be, they are showing steady progress.
In other action, the Board:
- Voted 5-0 to approve employment in the following areas:
- KCLE 2nd grade teacher, 2nd grade math teacher, 4th grade ELA teacher, 4th grade math teacher, KCHS Spanish teacher, CTE forestry teacher, KCSD Tutor/interventionist, KCSD computer network support technician, KCSD school food service workers, KCSD building & grounds.
- Voted 5-0 to approve the KCSD 2022-2023 certified staff, classified staff, teacher and teacher assistants salary schedule.
- Voted 5-0 to approve substitute teacher pay, and homebound services.
- Voted 5-0 to approve the KC school food service payment solutions software.
- Voted 5-0 to install cameras in the KCLE, KCUE and KCHS cafeterias.
- Voted 5-0 to approve KCHS varsity basketball teams fundraiser.
- Voted 5-0 to approve compensation to KCSD statistician for home games.
- Voted 5-0 to approve Bank of America as lease purchase loan provider.
- Voted 5-0 to accept the lowest bid for Wi-Fi on school buses.
- Voted 5-0 to approve general counseling & social emotional support budgetary.
- Voted 5-0 to approve contract/proposal between KCSD and Jackson Farms.
- Voted 5-0 to approve claims docket 155160-155408.
- Voted 5-0 to approve the monthly financial board reports.
- Voted 5-0 to approve transfer funds.
- Voted 5-0 to approve the KCSD 2022-2023 payroll calendar.
- Voted 5-0 to approve the KCSD 2022-2023 accounts payable calendar.