Supes approve expenses
By Steve Swogetinsky
The Kemper Messenger
The Kemper County board of supervisors took several actions during their Monday meeting.
Supervisors voted to:
• Approve the minutes from the previous meeting. They also approved the claims docket and the county pay roll;
• Accept the meal logs from the Kemper County jail;
• Approve the expenses incurred by the Kemper County sheriff’s department during July;
• Approve the purchase of some shelves for the Circuit Clerk’s office after hearing a presentation from Shirley Steele-Jackson;
• Approve the payment of $2.35 to the Supreme Count’s office of finance to settle an inventory issue concerning an old printer;
• Approve a legal advertisement to be published in The Kemper County Messenger concerning the location of medical sharps drop-offs; and,
• Approve a software support agreement with Delta Computer Systems, providing coverage for the different offices of the county.
Supervisors went into executive session to discuss an economic development matter.