Quality HVAC Cleaning
(NAPSI)—You could be more comfortable at home for less money. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, cleaning a HVAC system lets it run more efficiently. Clean, efficient systems are less likely to break down, last longer and generally operate more effectively. Here are answers to common questions on how to go about it:
1. How do I choose an HVAC system cleaning contractor?
• Interview as many local contractors as possible.
• Ask them to come to your home, perform a system inspection and give you a quote.
• See if the company has adequate experience.
• Get proof that the company is properly licensed and insured.
• Make sure the company will clean and visually inspect all air ducts and related system components.
• Beware of advertisements for “$99 whole house specials” and other sales gimmicks.
• Ask if the company has the right equipment and whether it has worked in homes similar to yours.
• Get references.
• Choose a National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) member.
2. Why NADCA members?
These contractors sign a Code of Ethics stating they will protect the consumer and follow NADCA cleaning standards. To get and keep the certification, they must meet strict requirements and have a certified Air System Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) on staff who passed the NADCA certification examination, demonstrating extensive knowledge in HVAC design and cleaning.
3. Where can I find these professionals?
Search the NADCA online directory at https://nadca.com/find-a-professional.